- PhD candidate, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Aalesund, Norway. July 2019 – now.
- Master in Marine Technology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. 2016 – 2019
- Bachelor in Naval and Ocean Engineering, Tianjin University, 2012 – 2016
- Managing director, Navatics Technology (Zhoushan) Ltd., Zhoushan, China. December 2017 – March 2019 (On leave from April 2019)
- Visiting Research Assistant, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA. December 2015 – June 2016.
- Intern, NORWEP – Norwegian Energy Partners, Beijing, China. July 2015.
- Fan, D., Wu, B., Bachina, D., & Triantafyllou, M. S. (2019). Vortex-induced vibration of a piggyback pipeline half buried in the seabed. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 449, 182-195.
- Wu, B., Le Garrec, J., Fan, D., & Triantafyllou, M. S. (2017, June). Kill Line Model Cross Flow Inline Coupled Vortex-Induced Vibration. In ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering.
- Le Garrec, J., Fan, D., Wu, B., & Triantafyllou, M. S. (2016, September). Experimental investigation of cross flow-inline coupled vortex-induced vibration on riser with finite length buoyancy module. In OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Optimal control; Ship autonomy; Underwater vehicles; Fluid-structure interaction